Get ready to create the most adorable crochet critters! These 19 free amigurumi axolotl crochet patterns will make the cutest kawaii toys! From fun and creative plushies to boxy Minecraft Axolotl designs, these little amphibians will make your friends and family smile. Plus you can safetly pick these ones up for a cuddle!
I hope you enjoy the selection of crochet patterns I was able to locate!
Free Axolotl Crochet Patterns
Funny Axolotl by Carrey Reynolds
This small funny axolotl (I think it is adorable!) is crocheted with Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook. It works up very quickly and can be made with different yarn weights too.
Axolotl by Sara Bagnetti
This Axolotl softie is suitable for beginners. Get the free pattern here.
Free Axolotl Pattern by Whimsical Yarn Creations.
For this project you will need Bulky Weight Yarn and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook. This is one soft and cuddly Axolotl toy!
Puffy Stuffy Axolotl
Designed by Erin Greene this Kawaii Axolotl Stuffy is crocheted with Super Bulky Weight Yarn and an 6.50 mm (K) crochet hook.
Designed by Jonas Matthies of Supergurumi, this adorable amigurumi is made with Sport Weight Yarn  and a 2.5 mm hook this little axolotl measures approximately 5.5 cm when complete.
Amigurumi Axolotl Crochet Pattern
Designed by Rhondda Mol this amigurumi is crocheted with DK Weight Yarn and an 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook. When finished this little fella measures approximately 9.5 inches long X 2.25 inches wide. Grab a copy of the free pattern and follow along with the full video tutorial below.
Axolotl Hand Puppet
Designed by Erin Greene this adorable Axolotl Hand Puppet is crocheted with Aran / Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
How to Crochet an Axolotl Amigurumi
Designed by Complicated Knots this Super Cute Amigurumi Axolotl pattern is available as a free video pattern. For this project you will need 8 ply Acrylic Yarn, 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook and 21 mm safety eyes.
How to Crochet a Minecraft Axolotl
Minecraft Axolotl Pattern
Designed by Skein Spider this adorable Minecraft Axolotl stuffy is crocheted with DK Weight Yarn and an 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook.
More Free Axolotl Crochet Patterns
- Axolotl Amigurumi by Loops and Love Crochet. This project calls for Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook. You will also need 8 mm safety eyes. Get the free pattern here.
- Kawaii Axolotl Crochet Pattern by Anvi’s Granny. For this project you will need DK Weight or Worsted Weight Yarn. If you choose DK use a 2.5 mm hook and for Worsted use a 3.5 to 3.75 mm hook. Get the free pattern here.
- Baby Axolotl Crochet Pattern by Stringy DingDing. This soft plusy baby axolotl was crocheted with Bulky Weight Yarn  and a 7 mm crochet hook. Get the free pattern here.
- Amigurumi Axolotl by Sara Bagnetti. Get the free pattern here.
- Little Axolotl by Ronja’s Ami Friends. Crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 3 mm crochet hook. Get the free pattern.
- Azka the Axolotl by Emmy Scanga. This adorable axolotl is meant to be a pincushion but I think he’s cute enough to be a toy! You need Aran Weight Yarn  and a 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook for this project. Free downloadable PDF pattern. Get the free pattern here.
- Toy Axolotl Crochet Pattern by Izabela Ciurej. Crochet this little guy with Aran / Medium Weight Yarn  and a 2.5 mm crochet hook. The pattern is available as a downloadable PDF. Get the free pattern here.
- Axolotl Friends by Liz at Hooks and Habits. Make this 12 inch long amigurumi axolotl with Jumbo Weight Yarn and a size 8 mm (L) hook and size 10 mm (N/P) crochet hook. This project is crocheted with simple stitches and minimal sewing. Get the free pattern here.
- Axolotl Bookmark by America Lira. I have fallen in love with this crocheted bookmark. The project uses Sport Weight Yarn  and a 2.25-2.75 mm crochet hook. The finished Axolotl bookmark measures approximately 11.5 inches when complete. When you visit the post scroll to the end for the English version! Get the free pattern here.
- Crochet Axolotl Amigurumi by KnotBadAmi. Crocheted with Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook, this ami measures approximately 6 inches X 4 inches in size. Get the free pattern here.
- Axel the Axolotl Plushie by The Blue Elephants. Made with Medium Weight Yarn  and a 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook, Axel measures 8.5 inches in length. Get the free pattern here.
- Axolotl Crochet Pattern by April Roberts. Get the free pattern here.
Adorable Axolotl Crochet Pattern
Designed by Skein Spider, this adorable little crocheted axolotl measures 15 cm when complete and crocheted with 8 ply yarn and a 3.5 mm crochet hook. See the video below.
#axolotl #crochet #crochetpattern #amigurumi #freepattern #crochettoy #crochetaxolotl