When you purchase through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.
Attention all crocheters! Are you ready to take your skills to the next level? With this simple technique for creating perfect balls, the possibilities are endless. From miniature Christmas ornaments to oversized poufs, you can customize your creations by adjusting the yarn thickness, hook size, and number of rounds used. So gather your supplies and get ready to bring your crochet game to new heights.
How to Crochet a Ball in any Size
- Make 7 single crochet stitches (sc) in a Magic Ring
- From now on we will be working in half double crochet (hdc)
- Increase by 7 stitches for every round until you reach the size you want
- Work the same number of rounds even (so 1 hdc in each st) as you just worked increases rounds
- Decrease by 7 stitches for every round until you have 7 stitches remaining
- Stuffing as you go
- Hdc3tog twice and skip the last remaining stitch before closing the ball
Check out Dedri’s post to get the specific instructions to make a 6-inch round ball, a 9-inch round ball, a 12-inch round ball and a 15-inch round ball.
You may also enjoy these posts: