The Hometown Chunky Cardigan crochet pattern is an easy oversized sweater that you can throw over anything. Featuring a simple rectangular construction with stitched on sleeves, it’s nearly seamless with eyelets and puffs on the sleeve to make it extra special. It’s the perfect project for beginners wanting to try their hand at garment making.
Hometown Chunky Cardigan Pattern
You’ll stay warm and stylish in this oversized sweater, perfect for laying in colder months. The pattern includes sizes XS to 6XL.
• sizes XS/S, M/L, XL/2XL, 3XL/4XL, 5XL/6XL
• Beginner pattern
• Oversized comfy fit
• Made from a rectangle with add on sleeve, nearly seamless
• Techniques used / Special stitches: puff stitch, full explanations are given in the pattern.
• US crochet notations
• Illustrated step-by-step photos
• 6 mm/ US J – 10 crochet hook.
• Chunky #5 weight yarn (100% wool) : – 11 (9, 13, 15) 50g/ 1 ¾ oz skeins in salmon red,
– 1 50g/1 ¾ oz skein in grey
• Tapestry needle to weave in ends
All my patterns are in English, using standard knitting and crochet terms but with tons of step by step pictures and more detailed explanations to make sure they are extra easy to follow even if you’re not a knit/crochet expert.
You may also enjoy these posts: