Some things are classic for a reason. Just like there is a reason that granny square crochet projects will always be in style. Something about them will always be comforting. Nostalgia is in the air anytime a granny square blanket is near. When you are ready for a spell of nostalgia and comfort, grab this granny square crochet blanket pattern, the Adelie Granny Square Blanket.
Adelie Blanket FreePattern
The Adelie granny square baby blanket is a classic granny square throw blanket with a couple of modern twists: a delicate woven border and decorative seams make this heirloom truly unique.
• baby blanket: 82 cm by 118 cm / 32.25” by 46.5”.
• Beginner friendly
• Made out of classic granny squares with decorative seams (tips and tricks included)
• Delicate woven blanket border (easy to make!)
• Techniques used / Special stitches: Full explanations are given in the pattern.
• US crochet notations
• Illustrated step-by-step photos
• Katia Yarns Merino Classic (DK weight 3, 52% merino super wash, 48% acrylic, 100g/3.5oz, 240m/262yd) held double:
o 3 skeins in white (1) (MC)
o 2 skeins in emerald (78) (color A)
o 2 skeins in dark rose (69) (color B)
o 2 skeins in very light grey (38) (color C)
• Katia Yarns Merino Aran (worsted weight 4, 52% merino super wash, 48% acrylic, 100g/3.5oz, 155m/169yd):
o 2 skeins in dark rose (54) (color D)
o 2 skeins in reseda green (91) (color E)
o 2 skeins in jeans (79) (color F)
You can easily substitute with any worsted weight yarn or DK weight yarn held double (check your gauge).
• 5.5 mm / US I – 9 hook
• 6 mm / US J – 10 hook
• Tapestry needle.
As there is quite a lot of sewing involved, I recommend using stainless steel needles. I have done it with cheap plastic ones in the past but they kept breaking and got stuck in the fabric more easily.
You may also enjoy these posts: