Learn how to crochet a slip knot ring to start your crochet projects that are worked in rounds with this video tutorial from Oombawka Design Crochet.
How to Crochet a Slip Knot Ring
- Leave a 4 to 6 inch yarn tail and create a large slip knot ring.
- Slip stitch once into the ring.
- Chain 1, 2, 3 or 4 chains (1=single crochet, 2=half double crochet, 3=double crochet and 4=treble crochet).
- Follow the instructions for Round 1 of your project, making each stitch into the ring you created.
- Turn your project over and sew in the yarn tail to tighten and close the slip knot ring.
- Follow the pattern as written.
You can use this method to start your projects that are crocheted in rounds, instead of using a magic circle (magic ring or double magic ring).
Watch my quick video demonstration to see how it’s done.
Yarn: Bernat Maker Home Dec. #yarnspirations
Crochet Hook: Furls Streamline Pride Glitter. #furlscrochet
You may also enjoy these posts: