Learn how to crochet the chain ring with this video tutorial from Oombawka Design Crochet. This is a beginner friendly way to start your projects that are worked in rounds.
How to Crochet a Chain Ring
- Leave a 4 to 6 inch yarn tail and create a chain ring with 2, or 3 chains (2=single crochet and half double crochet; 3=double crochet and treble crochet)
- Slip stitch into the first chain to create a ring.
- Chain 1, and slip stitch into the ring.
- Chain the recommended number of turning chains for the stitch you are working(1=single crochet, 2=half double crochet, 3=double crochet, 4= treble crochet).
- Follow the pattern for Round 1.
- Use the yarn tail to close the ring securely and weave in the ends.
- Follow the rest of the pattern as written.
You can use this method to start your projects that are crocheted in rounds, instead of using a magic ring (magic circle or double magic ring).
Watch my quick chain ring tutorial video demonstration below to see how it’s done.
Yarn: Bernat Maker Home Dec. #yarnspirations
Crochet Hook: Furls Streamline Pride Glitter. #furlscrochet
You may also enjoy these posts:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.