Learn how to crochet the Magic Row Ring with this beginner video tutorial from Oombawka Design Crochet. This method can be used instead of a magic circle to begin your projects that are worked in rounds.
How to Crochet the Magic Row Ring
This easy to master starting method can be used to begin your projects that are worked in rounds or spirals.
Watch the quick video tutorial below:
Yarn: Bernat Maker Home Dec. #yarnspirations
Crochet Hook: Furls Streamline Pride Glitter. #furlscrochet
Magic Row Ring Tutorial
- Leave a 6 to 8 inch yarn tail and chain the number of stitches in Round 1 of your project.
- Chain the turning chain needed for the stitch you are using (sc=1, hdc=2, dc=3, tr=4).
- Work the first round of stitches across the row.
- Place a stitch marker in the working loop of yarn and remove your hook.
- Weave your yarn tail back and forth through the remaining loops of your foundation chain across the entire row.
- Pull the yarn tail to tighten and cinch the row into a round.
- On the wrong side of your work(ie turn your project over), weave your yarn end in securely to reinforce the round.
- Weave in your end.
- Follow the rest of the pattern as written.
You may also enjoy these posts:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.